What are Alpha Clips?
Universal Information Services has introduced the world’s first press clipping service enhanced with artificial intelligence (AI). The Alpha Clips news monitoring service focuses on the origins of news stories that are commonly shared online, delivering them in a format that is more quickly read. Alpha Clips is a platform designed to streamline news monitoring and to allow communication professionals to quickly consume key information and use that data to adjust desired outcomes. Alpha Clips FAQ
Why (AI) for News Monitoring?
By understanding and training our news monitoring programs to follow the conventions of journalism and writing, we are able to generate a level of media monitoring never before possible. Alpha Clips applies artificial intelligence to analyze and summarize newspaper, magazine and online media coverage so found news can be more quickly read by the user. Additionally, key stories that include related articles across other media outlets will be shown as clusters, with secondary articles linked under the Alpha Clip. Clustering secondary articles helps show the reach of a story identified in the Alpha Clip, a feature important for public relations and crisis management.
The Alpha Clip platform uses the conventions and formatting of journalism to shorten the length of a news story by intelligently summarizing an article. Summarized Alpha Clips are enriched with click through access to the original, full-text content and images from the publisher. More specifically, our artificial intelligence trains the system to extract key elements of a story based on your specific needs. For instance, the system understands your targeted interests and weighs that understanding against the importance of a headline, lead paragraph, and subsequent sentences.
Alpha Clips Mobile App Screen Shots
What makes Alpha Clips so incredible?
With Alpha Clips, public relations and communication professionals in all industries will gain the following benefits:
- Faster access to breaking news across email, desktop, and mobile app environments
- Streamlined reading that reduces article length by up to 75%, allowing the reader to consume the content much faster
- Clustered articles that are closely related to the Alpha Clip, showing the reach of a story
- Click through access to see full-text stories and images as published
- Immediate sharing within your organizational family, according to licensing
- Newsletter creation and “pinning” of key stories that should be shown first in a report
- Licensed content so the subscriber is copyright compliant*
World Media Intelligence Conference 2017-Berlin
Our Alpha Clips service was announced at the World Media Intelligence Conference in Berlin, October 4, 2017. The original press release can be found here.
CEO Todd Murphy announces Alpha Clips in Berlin